Sunday, August 10, 2008

Urban Tanning

Things are really cooking up over the Urban Tanning unexpected closing. It appears to be a mixed consensus over the owner and whose fault it really is for the closing. But, here's the story from a customer who purchased 2/3 of a $300 package:

when walking in to pay the last $100, she found the placed boarded up and called the number. What she was told was that everything had been smashed inside, including the computers, so as to lose all business records. The owner skipped town without paying all the employees. The package couldn't be honored, but she could get refunded for the portion that was put on a credit card...as for the $100 in cash, no luck. No Paperwork = No Refund. Any truth to this by other customers?


As always, take it with a grain of salt.

4 comments:

casunshine said...

I purchased a package and have left several messages to get my credit card refunded> no one has called me back.
I also had someone try to use my credit card on-line - Victoria Secrets…not sure if it was coincidental. I have filed complaints with Attorney general, Credit Card Company and BBB. Loosing out on the money is not a big deal but just because someone cannot handle their finances, we shouldn’t have to pay for it. I am sure the owner,Aaron De La Torre is a ‘nice’ guy but he can at least give me MY money back. I heard thre might be another Urban Tanning Salon but doubt it.

Anonymous said...

Spotted: former UT owner flaunting and fawning at a popular (and expensive!) Ruston Way restaurant. Will all his newly burned bridges catch up with him before he can flee town?

Anonymous said...

@xoxo: The city's much too small to flaunt and fawn this soon after screwing so many people. Popular and expensive? Gotta be the Lobster Shop.

Anonymous said...

I SHOULD FIND OUT WHEN HE WILL HE THER ENEXT SO HE CAN PAY ME BACK WITH A NICE LOBSTER DINNER AND DRINKS